- 1/2 pound Market Basket Pork and Beef Smoked Sausage sliced
- 1/2 pound Ground beef
- 1/4 cup Yellow onion Julienned
- 1/4 cup Orange or red bell pepper Julienned
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Dry Oregano
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil Chopped
- 2 tbsp Sliced balck olives optional
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Course ground black pepper
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté the onions and peppers in the vegetable oil until the veggies are soft and tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove them from the pan and drain off the excess oil.
- In the same pan, cook and brown the ground beef. Season the beef with the oregano, salt and pepper then drain off the excess fat and set aside.
- In the same sauté pan, add the sausage and lightly brown the sausage for a couple of minutes to your liking. Then remove from the pan and set to the side.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a plate then start to build the nachos.
- Place the ground beef and sausage over the chips then add the cheese. Make sure the meat is hot so that it will melt the cheese. Then add the onion, peppers and tomatoes on top. Garnish the nachos with fresh chopped basil or parsley and black olive if you would like.