- 2 cups Uncooked rice
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cups Chicken stock
- 1 pound Market Basket Pure Pork Sausage sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Celery Diced
- 1/2 cup Yellow onion Diced
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper Diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Ground paprika
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 3 tbsp Course ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Green onion Chopped
- 1/2 pound Butter
- 1 cup White flour
- In a large pot with a lid, place the rice, 2 cups chicken stock, 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cook the rice for 20 minutes then remove from the heat and set to the side.
- In a large pot, cook all the veggies in the olive oil for 5 minutes or until the veggies are soft and tender. Next add ½ cup of chicken stock, Market Basket Pork Sausage and all the spices and seasonings. Cover with a lid and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the lid and stir well while reducing the heat to a low temperature.
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt the butter and then add the flour. Cook the roux for about 10 minutes over high heat while constantly stirring so the roux does not burn. You want the roux to be a light blond color and somewhat loose. Transfer the roux and ½ cup of water to the veggies and sausage and stir well. Raise the heat back to high and add the rice. Cook the Jambalaya for about 5 minutes or until everything comes together nicely.
- Remove from the heat and place in a serving dish or tray. Garnish with fresh parsley and chopped green onions.