- 1 pound Market Basket Smoked Beef Sausage Cut in 3” sections
- 1 pound Market Basket Smoked Boudin
- 2 tbsp Butter Melted
- 2 tbsp White flour
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Course ground black pepper
- 1 cup Yellow onions Sliced
- 2 cups Beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Large russet potatoes cut into 2” cubes
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- Diced green onions for garnish
- In a small skillet, melt the butter and add the flour.
- Mix and cook the roux for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside for later.
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes until they are soft and ready to be mashed.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a stand mixer and whip them until somewhat smooth, do not overwhip them otherwise they become very gluey.
- Add the milk, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mix until fully incorporated.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook the onions in olive oil for 5 minutes or until onions become soft and tender.
- Add the sausage, boudin and the beef stock to the skillet of cooked onions and continue to cook on high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the sausage and boudin and set aside.
- Add the roux to the liquid and continue to cook for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and continue to cook on low heat while stirring constantly.
- Once the dish is thick but still somewhat saucy, kind of like a melted cheese sauce, then remove from the heat.
- Place a healthy portion of the mashed potatoes on a plate then place a section of sausage and a section of boudin on top of the mash. Spoon the onion gravy on top generously. Garnish with fresh chopped green onion.