- 1 pound Market Basket Original Boudin
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cups Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Red bell pepper Diced
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Remove the casing from the boudin and place the insides in a food processor. Add the shredded cheese, red bell peppers, seasonings, salt and pepper to the boudin. Blend until the mixture is somewhat smooth.
- Form half dollar sized cakes out of the mixture.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the vegetable oil in a pan and heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Place the formed cakes in the flour first then cost them in the eggs, then transfer to the panko and completely coat the cakes with the crumbs. Place the cakes in the hot oil and fry them for 3-5 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and ay on a paper towel for about 5 minutes to cool down and drain off the residual oil.
- Lightly salt the cakes and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve the croquettes with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!